Baby Sitters, Newborn Care
Nannies is always welcoming experienced and loving nannies and caregivers to place with families. We offer a variety of live-in and live-out positions, full time or part time. Dedicated
Nannies primarily services the Orange County, California area.
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions to help you learn about Dedicated
Nannies and how we can assist you with finding a family that is a good fit for you.
Why should I apply with Dedicated Nannies?
- Our agency respects your privacy. We do not provide the families with your personal information such as phone number, address, etc. until you have interviewed and you are hired by them. Our office is available for private interviews in person or we send you to the family’s home, if you are both comfortable with that.
- You can avoid looking through the “Help Wanted” ads. We contact you with positions that fill your needs as well as the families.
- The clients that are looking to hire caregivers through an agency tend to be more serious about the search and are not just “shopping around”. They are truly looking for what’s best for their children and family.
- We are always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, even after you have been placed with a family.
How does Dedicated Nannies screen its candidates?
- The screening process begins the moment you walk through the door. All candidates must interview with the agency in person and are required to fill out a four page application. For your convenience you can fill out the application at home and bring it with you or submit it via email. We will look it up for you when you come in to our office.
I am a caregiver and would like to apply. What are your requirements at Dedicated
- You must have a minimum of two years of experience in the field you are applying for.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must have at least two verifiable references.
- You must be a US citizen or legally authorized to work in the US.
- You must have a valid Social Security card.
- You must be honest, responsible and reliable.
- If driving is involved: you must have a valid CA driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Current TB Test or Chest X-ray
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
Does Dedicated Nannies charge a fee to job applicants?
- No, there are no fees to apply for a job or when you are placed with a family. All fees are client paid.
Will I be an employee of Dedicated Nannies?
- No. The family that hires you is your employer. You will be paid directly by the family.
What is the range of salaries?
- This is the most frequent and always the most difficult question to answer. The range of salary varies greatly with the level of experience, requirements of the position and the hours needed. Nannies and caregivers with advanced degrees, licenses and specialty training will almost always command a higher salary. Listed below is just an approximate sample of what you might expect for some popular full time (40 hours per week) live-out positions:
$500 to $ 800*
$500 to $ 600* For
assisting at home parents
$500 to $ 800*
$500 to $ 800*
Nannies, Housekeepers and Caregivers looking for
part time positions will usually charge $12.00 to
$25.00 per hour. With the current high cost of
transportation, most candidates will require either
a 4 hour or $80.00 minimum per day (whichever is
Nannies with college degrees who are
required to help with homework or tutoring may be
somewhat higher than the above salaries.
Please call us for specifics so we can help you
In addition to the basic salaries above the following items are generally considered standard for full time employees:
- Paid vacation is usually 1-2 weeks at the end of the first year.
- Major Holidays: usually the 6 major holidays are given off with pay.
- Mileage allowances are also given to employees
who use their own vehicles for running errands or
driving with the children
Dedicated Nannies would love to hear from you!
Please send us any childcare tips, stories (good, bad or humorous) or craft / recipe ideas you would like to share with fellow nannies or caregivers. Please respect the family’s privacy and refrain from using complete names.
(By submitting your email or letter you are allowing Dedicated Domestics to use the information on our website or
in any printed material).
About Us |
Do It Yourself
Copyright © 2011 Dedicated Nannies, All Rights